Skip to main content

Therapy fun

We are working on two-syllable words this week that have the same consonant but a vowel change. He has always called us ma-ma and da-da. So this week, we are teaching him mommy and daddy. Our lesson goes: I say "ma", Caleb says "ma", then I say "me" and he says "me". Then together "mommy". So repeating this over and over again is going to help him just say mommy when he needs me....but right now, I am becoming just mom. Well, it cracked us up last night that John has become deedee....no more dada and not quite daddy. So when I came home today from a breakfast at church, I said "Caleb, where is the baby (another new word this week) and he said "deedee baby!" We'll have to write that one in the baby book. He hates to be corrected already on that one and keeps going "No deedee." So yes, our crew now has a Deanna and a deedee!


Comments