Skip to main content

Please pray for our Pastor and his family

While preaching last Sunday at our church, our pastor's house was burned to the ground. Praise the Lord that the entire family was not there at the time of the fire! The house was a total loss and probably caused by a fire in the fireplace. Here is a letter that Pastor Tim wrote to our congregation about his loss. Please remember his family in your prayers - they have four young sons who are growing closer to God because of this loss. We love them all very much.

Here is an interview with a local tv station


To our Brothers and Sisters in Christ Jesus,

As a person who uses words for a living, it is always hard to be in situations where I don't know what to say. Right now we are speechless. The outpouring of love and support has been overwhelming. All the tears that we cry now really aren't because of our sorrow but of joy. I cannot describe the peace and satisfaction that the Lord has been to our heart and souls. There are so many verses of Scripture being activated and coming to life for us that it is hard to remember them all! The charred ruins daily remind us that life does not (and must not!) consist of what we possess! The Lord is giving us hourly bread to sustain us. I pray that we not be led into temptation. And in the hour of trial we are learning why James tells us to ask for wisdom. I pray at night with Levi and thank our Heavenly Father with a renewed earnestness for a warm place to stay. And because we have food and covering we are blessedly content. We have seen that the Lord gives. And, yes, we have seen that the Lord takes away. But we have also seen that the Lord gives again and more abundantly than He did before! Blessed be the name of the Lord.

There are so many stories of God's amazing provision. We have had bags and bags of clothes given to our boys. Cartons and cartons of food have been donated to us. On Monday morning my head was swirling. I tried to read and pray. I remember trying to collect my thoughts as we contemplated putting our lives back together. I wrote in the first journal of the rest of my life (all my others were lost), "Lord one of the first things that I am really going to need is a computer." About an hour and a half later someone came by the house and left an almost brand new laptop!

And now we praise the Lord that He has provided a house for us just a few feet away from our old home (no, it is not mom and dad's either!). Our neighbors had a vacant home that our insurance company was able to work out a temporary lease with. We are so glad to soon have a place called "home." We hope to have it ready by this evening or tomorrow morning. Our insurance company covers the furnishings. As soon as we get settled in we want to have an open house so that you all may come and visit us. This morning I was reminded of you all from the Psalms. David wrote:

"From my distress I called upon the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me in a large place. The Lord is for me; I will not fear; What can man do to me? The Lord is for me among those who help me..." (Psalm 118:5-7). We are in a large place and we know the Lord is for us because of YOU. His love and care has been mediated to us through you all. We are so humbled.

I know it sounds cliche, but we KNOW that your are praying for us. We know you have graciously and gently restrained your tender affections and consolations for a few days to allow us to get our heads together. Thank you. Lord willing we will be with you all on Sunday.

Words fail us. Our emotions are full. Our God is so good.

Much Love,
Tim, for Lori and the boys

Comments