Skip to main content

Good Job KC Maids

John and his parents opened a Maids franchise here in Kansas City, Missouri in January 2004 (right after Joshua was born). It has been a little scary venture off and on. Some days my father-in-law says he is ready to sell the business and other days he is ready to retire and let it take off. It is always fun for me to sit back and watch it all from the outside. They have won a few awards since they opened including "Franchise of the Year" in 2005. They have been in a few magazines and local papers too. Well, I have to say that after a few years of heartache and challenges, they just hit their million dollar revenue mark this week! This is a big deal for them :) They are one of the fastest growing Maids franchises so far. They are also going next week to Omaha (where the Franchise headquarters are located) to discuss opening a new franchise in Tulsa or buying the existing St. Louis franchise. This is so exciting I wanted to share it. I always enjoy my house being cleaned and John's awesome daytime hours - I never thought we would actually start to make money!! Congrats Sue, Gary, and John!

PS - When we do eventually get a second franchise, we will not have to move to that city (hopefully St. Louis - I loved their free zoo), but we will be traveling back and forth sometimes - including a possible summer apartment. We'll keep you posted as that progresses.

Comments

Jamie said…
Wow! Congrats! How nice for you to get your house cleaned! I want someone to clean my house, too. But I don't want to have to pay for it! Oh, well.
Melanie said…
Congratulations!! Not that it counts, but my vote is for St. Louis too. I went to college there - right across from Forest Park (home of the zoo and the science center). I really enjoyed it there! Good luck with the new venture!
Anonymous said…
That's really exciting. Congratulations, you guys!