Skip to main content

We survived...

...life as a family of 5 for 5 days. And it wasn't all that bad - thanks to the Redbox and great weather. I must say those few melt downs everyone had did make the time seem to go by a little slower, but all in all I can happily say we made it through it all with no huge problems (oh, we did have to go to the overflow room at church because no one could sit still and I didn't get any painting done, but that's about it).

We did rent Alvin and the Chipmunks and that was pretty good. We enjoyed an evening with Aunt Carol and Rylee and got to hang out with some friends from church we hadn't seen in a while. Oh, and we made homemade choc chip cookies (since John usually eats most of our dough when we try to make them when he is home), which of course was good eats! We also went garage sale shopping on Sat and played outside most of Sat (can you believe everyone was cutting their grass already? - I guess I am already garage sale hunting!)

I think next year I will try a little harder to find a sitter and go with John. I'll keep you posted on the St. Louis thing as well as how John survived without us (I'm sure he survived after a few hours of severe tears missing us :) So thanks again for your tips, we actually got to do most of them. Oh, and all that whining about Jonathan not moving...not so much anymore, my baby gate broke a couple days ago and I really wish he would just sit still, or at least slow down a little so I can keep track of him!!!

Comments

Jennie Caudle said…
You are so funny! Miss ya lots!

God Bless
Jennie