Skip to main content

One Productive Saturday

So yesterday was a great day to get a bunch of projects going. We found this awesome wardrobe at my new Kearney thrift store for the boys room for $75. Now we will not have to build a closet for their new room.
This became a project because it was too big to fit into the hall to their room. So we had to take the whole thing apart, move the pieces into their room and put it back together. We are going to mount it to the wall and leave it there when we move someday I think (hopefully that will count as a closet so this room can be counted as a 4th bedroom, who knows). It has 4 huge shelves, drawers, and a big hanging rack part with extra storage. With the two pull out Rubbermaid containers we have under their beds, they should be all set. I am so excited to not need a dresser in there now!
We also finished painting the stairwell and downstairs hall with the new paint. It turned out great and fresh!
We finished the entry way too, using a huge ladder. I added a mirror and a wreath behind the front door and is very welcoming! We can't wait to finish the living room and hall after we get the boys moved downstairs and build our laundry room closet (oh and have a garage sale...)

While John worked on his Sunday School lesson, the kids and I moved the living room furniture so we can sit and stare at our new entry area. I also needed to move an extra end table back into this room from the guest room so we can empty that room all out. We are hoping to sell the queen bed today (which covers the cost of the wardrobe) so we can begin sorting through some garage sale stuff in that empty room :) Hooray for a great Saturday (minus some pretty sleepy boys who are still pretty sick!)

Comments

Jamie said…
Wow, you sure have been busy and it all looks great! What a good deal on the wardrobe. I wish I could find furniture in that good of condition!
Lori said…
HEy, I need to have a garage sale too, since we're moving... Wanna maybe try to plan one together? Then we could actually get a chance to hang out!
Hanson Crew said…
Hey Lori,
I would love to do the garage sale together! most of my stuff is small and could be transported easily...I'll call you to talk more about it :)