Skip to main content

The Crazy Internet

So I am a huge fan of computers and the internet, enough that I got a computer science degree in it, and love to learn new things technology offer. I was doing a website long before blogs became real popular for our family. I would type little paragraphs about what our family was doing that week in html and update the site weekly. When my friend Anna told me about blogging, I was so glad to do that same stuff in about 5 minutes...and then this blog became a reality.

So since then, I have learned about so many of my friends' blogs. It is just about the only non-child hobby I have. I have routinely began checking them as they are updated. I really enjoy them so I had listed them on my blog for others to check out. Well, to my amazement, many of my friends (4 already!) have had to delete their blogs or make them private because of some crazy comments/visitors, etc. I don't feel I am ready to make ours private quite yet because we have so many family and friends checking it in 5 or 6 different states, many of whom don't know too much about computers and logging into an account quite yet. However, I feel like I might have played a part in these few blogs being changed because they were found through mine. SO long story short, I am no longer listing friends or family blogs on mine. I will be coming up with some new stuff to add on the side later, but for now our favorite blogs are not listed. We hope you all continue to check this one while it is still public - I enjoy checking to see who and when people come to visit and have found out many people I didn't even know knew about this blog were daily readers. We're glad our few moments of journaling our crazy stories together provide you with a little entertainment :)

Comments

Jamie said…
I hope I wasn't part of the cause of your friends blogs being deleted/made private. If so, I apologize. I find people I knew way back (like high school time) through other friends' blogs, and although I don't comment, I still am curious as to what they are up to now. I'm sure it does look curious on their sitemeter, or whatever, that this person keeps coming from somewhere they don't know. I actually lurk on several blogs of people I know and some I don't. I guess I never thought about how MY visits affected them. Sorry this was such a long comment. It's great how technology can keep us in touch easier with our friends and family yet sad how the same technology can ruin it all.
Hanson Crew said…
oh, no that is not it at all - I am not certain the people who said mean comments,etc even came from my blog - but they could have. You were one of the 4 who went private I know. I think most people get nervous about their information being out there and it doesn't help if I put their stuff right there for everyone to see. That's the main reason I removed them :) I might go private some day too.
Hoban Family said…
It stinks so much that these things have to happen. I know a few people who made them private or took them off completely, one for sure I know is part of your 4. It's hard to know the right thing to do, especially when there are so many unstable people out there.
Anonymous said…
you are too sweet. part of why i took ours off was the whole kelsey smith thing...NOT you at all. i know you know that though. it is amazing how you can go from link to link to link and end up, somewhere along the line, running into someone from the past or whatever. one giant web...pretty sad we can't enjoy things like this because of a few crazies out there.
Hanson Crew said…
Allison - I wasn't talking about yours, but I sure do miss it :) I hear what you are saying about going from one to the other - blogging can easily turn out to feel like MySpace or Facebook once you start all that, looking from one friend to the next. I feel better not having all that on this one anymore :)
Anonymous said…
i miss it too, but mine was never as exciting as yours :-)...oh yes totally, just like myspace and all that. i'm glad you feel better about it, that's what is important. pretty sad we have to do that huh. can't wait to see you tomorrow at church...i'm in dire need of some spiritual food.
love you!