Skip to main content

Mini-home makeover

I am not sure if it is Spring in the air or two close friends preparing to freshly decorate their "new" houses later this month that have me wanting to makeover a few rooms myself. I am excited to share with you what my plans are for April and May. First, fix all those little dents/holes made throughout my entry way and down my stairs (no one is claiming to have made most of these today!) Then a fresh coat of paint - an earth tone brown that I already bought this week. This color will be in my entry way and down stair hall and will double as an accent wall in my living room.

Secondly, we are going to add a closet around our furnace and water heater in our laundry room. This has been on my to do list for a long time. I can't wait to cover all that up and make my laundry room officially "finished". Thanks to the awesome ceiling my dad and stepmom put in when they came to visit last year! I will finish that room up with some drywall taping and fresh coat of paint too.

Oh and my favorite project - turning the guest room downstairs into the boys room (Joshua and Caleb). We are going to take apart the bunk beds and have 2 twin beds down there with a dresser, table/chairs, and most of their toys. Then I can change up Jonathan's room a little with all the baby items lingering all over my house (oh, and those adorable baby pictures we have taken multiple times that still need to be ordered and framed - that will be the theme of his new room - Bare Jonathan Baby Parts)! They are really excited for a new room and a bathroom that would be all theirs. I will be excited to have a room again where I can send our little friends that come to visit - the baby is usually napping when we have guests which makes it very hard to share a room with the older boys. They are also excited to be able to jump on their beds and have a little more Cars decor added. We'll take pictures as we progress. As you can see in the pic, I have already started project #1 and hope to have it painted in two weeks :)

Comments

Hoban Family said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hoban Family said…
Can you come here when you are done and work on my house? I'll make a list....
Hanson Crew said…
Correction...I have inspired my husband to putty all the holes so I can begin painting...or I should say I put the putty in his hand and took all the kids on an errand after alot of hinting :) It does look amazing hun!
Jamie said…
This comment has been removed by the author.