Skip to main content

Lost and Found

Isn't it funny how things get lost around your house and the list of missing items just continues to grow, until one day all of a sudden most of the turn up at the same time? We are in one of those moments where the list continues to grow! I just about had a nervous breakdown yesterday when my car key was added to that list. It is actually a Maids key (single key not on a key ring) that goes to John's work van I am driving. The last time I remember seeing it was in the microwave on the phone with Allison yesterday (Yes, I know the microwave is not a safe place for a key...this is how Caleb tried to get my attention when I was on the phone I think - he never pushed any buttons!) He put it back on the island where it was supposed to stay until we had to leave for a 5:00 appointment...it was missing when we went to leave of course and it is the only copy we had here.

So I have the World's Greatest mother-in-law who was willing to come up here and help move all the carseats into her car to make my appointment....and yes, the appointment was a gift she gave me, one of the best gifts I have ever received, a 1 hour massage to relieve some stress from this past week. What a blessing she is in my life. So we made the appointment, I definitely needed and just loved, and John brought us home another copy of the key when he picked us all up. So today, we are looking for the following 3 items systematically:

my car key
Nick Jr DVD (missing since CO trip..possibly in CO?)
One of Ashlyn's new black dress shoes for school

We are doing all this with 3 sick little boys and one very relaxed mother! We hope to at least find one today or pray for the day that all 3 just turn up!

Comments

Anonymous said…
yes that was hilarious! i was like "did she just say key & microwave in the same sentence??" i just love your family dearly!
Al said…
I can't find two of my favorite shirts. A little help here would be nice...