Skip to main content

It's in the Mail

Yesterday, I submitted my first Passport application! It was very exciting. I am going to go on my first short term mission trip in January for a week. I am going to join my dentist (and good friend) along with some of his staff to the Dominican Republic to help serve some children in a school there. My part while they clean their teeth, will be to pass out toothbrushes and teach them how to brush their teeth. I am very excited. The best news about this trip is that it is not too far from the States. So from Miami, I will be flying about 2 hours over the ocean...that is better than Hawaii. You see, I really hate flying and that has been my biggest fear about mission work in the past. Once I conquer this first, less frightening trip, I think I will be ready for the next one a little farther away...

The cost for the trip will be around $1800. To help pay for the trip, I am asking family and friends to allow me to serve them in return for a financial love offering. I am able to serve in the following ways:

- Create a website or blog for your family or business
- Design and print holiday cards or postcards for Christmas (photo postcards are a great way to save money on postage!)
- Computer training (basic how to's that you would like to go over and learn, including specific programs)
- Babysit your child(ren) for a date night or appointment
- Dogsit or housesit while you go on vacation
- Airport driver (save money on airport parking and allow me to drive and pick up for your flight this season)
- Gift wrapping, shopping, or card mailing
- Painting a room or two in your house (I have lots of experience doing this in my home)
- Organization (closets, drawers, or small spaces)
- Any other small task you think I could that you aren't feeling like doing this season...

I look forward to what God has planned for me to do for a week in the Dominican Republic and ask for your prayers the next few months as I plan, prepare, pray, and serve for the exciting trip in January. If you would like to help in any way, please feel free to email me.

Comments