Skip to main content

Bingo Fun

I have had the opportunity to go play Bingo the past couple months at a local nursing home and have really enjoyed it. I have made five good friends who make me smile while I am there. Both Ashlyn and Jonathan have got to go with me before, and I think they enjoyed the kids a little more. That or the prizes that I have been bringing for Bingo! The past couple weeks I filled in for the activity director while she was on vacation on Wed mornings. Our library story time is on break for a few weeks so it worked out perfect with my schedule. While I worked these 2 Wednesdays, I got to know another volunteer named Maria. She was very sweet and comes to read the bible to the residents and helps with games when she is needed. She knew some of the missionaries I know through my church and we had a good time talking about our church and school. On my way out the door, she gave me this poem and said I would really enjoy it. I wasn't too sure until I got to the end...and got a little teary eyed. Please enjoy it too...

Rejection
He was my fellow for five beautiful years. We shared laughter, we shared tears. We dined, we danced, we talked for hours; Never was there another love like ours!

I was his gal and he was my guy; Quickly the joy-filled days went by! His jokes, his songs, the notes he'd send; We vowed our love would never end.

Suddenly he's gone, he has someone new; She's younger, blonde, and eyes of blue. My heart is broken, tears won't go away; My dear little son started kindergarten today!

~Rita Kayser

Comments

Jennie Caudle said…
What a neat opportunity...and I loved the poem! HUGS