Skip to main content

Ever been in a food fight at church?

Sadly, the couple in front of us at church can answer yes.

Here is the story:
Last Wed evening, our crew went to our Mid-week service at our church. The Monday before that, we left Joshua's lunch box in our carpool's car after school. So they brought it to us at church. When worship started, Jonathan and Caleb took their Crocs off. I am not sure why, but they stood to sing without shoes on. After about 3 minutes (a little longer than normal), both boys were climbing on their chairs and not standing still. So they both were moved from the end of the row by Joshua over by us. Right before worship was over, Caleb wanted his shoes on. Joshua passed them down to him with a small smile on his face. I wasn't sure at that point why he was smiling. About a minute later, I see Caleb get really upset and quickly lunge some white, yellow and brown thing toward Joshua. Unfortunately, Caleb has horrible aim right now and I saw two pieces of whatever he threw, hit the man in front of us on his shoulder. At first I tried to see what it was that hit him. I noticed they were laughing and trying to pick something up on their lap. Then, right when I tapped them on the shoulder to apologize, the man pinched some kind old left over ham and cheese sandwich to hand it over his shoulder to me. It was disgusting looking. I was so embarrassed. The women and I laughed a little in embarrassment and we continued to sing. Apparently, Joshua snuck some left over sandwich in Caleb's shoe and Caleb realized it when he put it back on. Then sibling "bad aim" rivalry occurred in the middle of service. Once the service was done, Caleb apologized to the couple and we were able to laugh a little about it with them. They have young children also and understood the embarrassment. I thought I should record this one in the blog book because we hope to never have it happen again, but hope to tell them when they are older and they have young children!

Comments

Oh D!! I bet you were embarressed. Kids will be kids. I just cannot believe he decided to do it during church. Ok I can't stop laughing. SORRY!!!
Jennie Caudle said…
I'M LAUGHING, BUT I AN SURE YOU WEREN'T:):) Gotta love BOYS! HUGS