Skip to main content

Where does the time go?

Does any other mother out there know where the time goes? I know we say it flies by, and it really does - I just wasted 30 minutes down here checking blogs and it seems like 5 minutes! I have to share that when I had Ashlyn, and maybe this was only because it was my first, time stood still. She came out, we met, and I held her while I smiled at John and there was no such thing as time. That moment was very precious and so memorable...the other children had a moment similar to that one, but it was different and maybe that is because I had already experienced that one moment before. All of a sudden, nothing else mattered. Anyone who has been handed over a child like this knows what I am talking about it - it is truly life changing and although you have 9 months to prepare for that one glorious event - you can never prepare for that one moment in your heart - it is priceless.

So how is it possible that 8 years has passed since then! My baby girl will be 8 in a couple days, and I really can't believe it. I now know how my mom felt when she said "You can't be 18 already!" right before high school graduation. It just doesn't seem possible. It is hard to know what my life would have been like without her the past 8 years, but it is harder to look back and experience those 8 years again even in thought. They are gone, but such a blessing. And she has changed so much. I wonder if God not only gives us children to raise to know Him and to help teach us our obedience to Him as His children, but also to remember time. Our lives here on earth are like vapors compared to eternal life. This week I am reminded to live not for this world, but eternity. Please keep Ashlyn in your prayers as we celebrate with her this week her 8th year of life. We love and miss you all!

Comments

Time does go by way to fast. It seems like I just had Abigail but in about 6 months she will be 3 already. I cannot imagine my life without her now. She is my sidekick and I know it is going to be very difficult for me to have her start school. Happy Birthday Ashlyn you are turning into a beautiful young lady!!!
Jennie Caudle said…
What a beautiful post. Time does go by so fast...I think of that so often with Mikinley as I watch her grow up in pictures. And, it is so hard, but God does call us to live for eternity and do HIS will even when it seems so hard. I also look at Chancellor and can't believe my baby is 5....and I can also relate to the day I gave birth, what a glorious day that was...and I do believe that those glorious days are just a spec of what God has for us in heaven. She is so beautiful and I hope she has a great B-Day! Miss ya lots.
God Bless.