Skip to main content

Projects, politics, and birthdays

Just wanted to give an update on my project list I had created before. I am actually almost done - all that is left is my laundry room project, Ashlyn's costume and her dollhouse. The good news is that I have a monthly hobby night next Monday, where I hope to work on both of Ashlyn's projects! So on to the laundry room soon...my favorite projects were probably Ashlyn's room makeover, my schoolroom wall makeover and a website I worked on.

My husband loves following politics and has really been following the election this year. Today was a scary day because he now believes Obama will win. Until today, he thought McCain stood a chance. Some of our friends are voting for people who did not win the primary election (I guess to prove a point?) or not voting at all this year because they are not happy with either candidate. The person I voted for in the primary did not win either, but these are the real 2 options we have at this point. John Piper wrote a very good article called Let Christians Vote As Though They Were Not Voting that I wanted to share...hope you enjoy it.

Today is Ashlyn's birthday and she is officially 8! Tomorrow we will celebrate by seeing High School Musical 3 with Joshua too. The 3 of us have tickets in hand and are excited! Then on Sat she will have 7 friends over for a High School Musical party. On Sunday, we will have yet another party, this time with family for both Ashlyn and Joshua. I think I have bought 6 cake mixes this past week (between parties at home and school). It should be a busy weekend again.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i completely agree with your view on voting. i too voted for someone in the primary that didn't get elected. i feel like a vote for someone we know isn't going to get elected, is a vote toward well you know who. it is very unsettling, especially in a believers eyes.

happy birthday ashlyn!!!
Jamie said…
Well, it sounds like you've been very motivated since you've gotten so much done! And I checked out your website project and think it's just fabulous! Great job.

I didn't get to vote in the primary since we're residents of CO still, but I the person I would have voted for, didn't make it either. I think it's important to vote, no matter who you vote for. Just vote. And I think your husband's right - Obama will most likely win.

Happy birthday, Ashlyn. Hope you have a fantastic party and enjoy the movie. :)
Anonymous said…
yeah we agree as well with john that obama will probably win.

be sure to post pics of the big party!!!