Skip to main content

It's always greener on the other side...

This week at the Maids,  we have 3 normal office people on vacation all at once.  Our sales person, who does a majority of our customer service and all of our sales calls is included in that group.  Before she left, she prepped me and a couple other gals to help fill in for her while she was gone. (Things could really fall apart if her work was just left for her when she returned).  Haley is doing the majority of her work and is amazing just like her at estimates and sales.  So Brenda and I have had to only juggle answering phones, moving cleans, and a couple other crisis moments while we have been there this week. Monday was a true nightmare, but the week is slowly getting better I think...

You see, I am actually working at the Maids this week, everyday, more than my typical 5 hours a week I have been doing since January.  I haven't made it on time though, and look forward to the lunch part of the day the most!  But I am actually physically there, dressed for work, and my kids have a babysitter everyday this week so far...

I loved working full time before I stayed home.  I was good at web programming and made pretty good money for just graduating from college.  When I first stayed home, I love it more.  Wouldn't ever want to go back to an office job.  By my 3rd child, and maybe even a little before, I used to joke about wanting to work part time when things got really hard at home...justifying that we could use the extra money and I could use the sanity of organized time and productivity...

Well, after my first 3 days of working this week, I have to admit, I would rather stay home now than work full time.  I really miss my kids (even my laundry routine a little) and working there can be so stressful.  John keeps telling me that once I get used to the customer service tool and get a routing of helping with office issues, it would become much easier and less stressful.  I don't think I will make it to that point though.  I think next week I will go back to my back office inventory stuff and still continue to help with small projects John gives me while I am there.  I have really enjoyed being part of John's business and having a purpose in what looks to be our future for sometime.  I am definitely voting for a new vacation calendar system though soon! And I now know that the grass always looks greener on the other side, but let me tell you, my dead grass at home is much better for me :)

Comments