Skip to main content

Spring break Bargains!

Yesterday before I was hit with the 24-hour stomach flu my children have all had, we were able to get out and run a few errands. Hobby Lobby has had their Home Accents clearance at 80% off for awhile, but I hadn't been in to see what was left. I was sure happy I stopped. I got 6 items for $10 total. I was looking for a couple small items for end tables and ended up getting those along with some new red things for my dining room shelf. Here they are...
After Wal-mart we ran to the Hillcrest Thrift Store, which I have slowly began to love more and more, and we found a few things there. Ashlyn got some fun curtains for her Book Nook she created in the school room and each kid got a book and toy for a quarter. Then Caleb and I found some wonderful games to use at home for speech therapy...
One is a Discovery Toys game for $2 and the other was a rhyming word game for $1. All the pieces were in both! We already played the Word Families game and he really liked it. It will help him practice reading and rhyming along with saying his speech sounds as we play!

Comments

Catherine said…
Wow SUPER cheap! I love thrift stores for this kind of stuff! Lots of my therapy materials are from thrift. Is Hillcrest the one in Liberty over by us? Love Inc? I should stop there more often. Glad you found some deals & sorry you're sick! Catherine
Sorry you got the stomach bug. Hope you feel better soon!!!
Hanson Crew said…
Hillcrest is the one off I-29 near 64th street exit. I never had much luck in Liberty, but loved Major Thrift in Claycomo.