Skip to main content

Early birthday gift

The kids and I went Friday evening on a fun bargain hunt. Toys R Us are very gracious each year and send each child a $3 gift card to spend for their birthday. It is actually a coupon for $3 off a purchase of $3 or more. Every time we get one, we go up and down each isle looking for the best $3 clearance item we can find. It has to be $3 before tax so $2.99 items do not qualify. I told him that I would pay up to $1 for his gift so he could find something that cost up to $3.70 before tax. The kids had a good time. And both Jonathan and Caleb were able to make birthday wish lists while we walked around. Caleb finally decided on a $3 "grabber" So we did not have to pay anything at the checkout (no tax or anything :)...
Ashlyn told me today that she think he broke it already. I think he has really enjoyed playing with it all weekend. Thanks Geoffrey!

Comments