Skip to main content

Elementary Email

I have to admit that sometimes I take my thriftiness to a different level. Yes, the cheap level. I have created multiple email addresses in my time just to sign up for some other free stuff on shutterfly, groupon, etc. So not only can I get one free book or deal, but then I can sign on for another one under a different email address too. I hope I am not the only person who does this?

Well, somewhere along the lines of being cheap, I managed to create email addresses for my children. I had no intention of telling them about them either until one day at the library I told Ashlyn about the email notification for her checked out books. So then she became an infrequent e-mailer. She loved it at first and would send me, John, grandma Sue, and her cousin Rylee emails sometimes. She is kinda funny because I would write her back with three or four questions, and then I would get a four word email with the answers of each question. No fluffy talk at all or additional information - usually something like (no.yes.maybe.yes) So if you haven't figured this out yet by reading this blog, she is incredibly shy. She has not yet asked any of her friends if they have emails so she can begin to write them. So she convinced Joshua to start using his email account too (I have to sign him on because he doesn't know his password yet). So one sits in the kitchen on the laptop and writes the other one on the desktop in the family room. I got to read one of their conversations last night, it was pretty funny. Click on the image to see it bigger...

Comments

Betsy Price said…
I don't have an email account for Micki, but I do a blog for her. Sometimes I just let her write whatever. Sometimes, I have her copy her spelling words. Sometimes, I forget to do anything with it! It's kind of fun (when I remember).

Oh, you are a brave women having all those email accounts. I haven't done that yet, although sometimes I do use my husband's account to get extra copies of coupons. I have a coupon blog, too. It's http://mrspriceisright.blogspot.com/
Shelly Campbell said…
Deanna,
The kid's emails were so funny.
Thanks for sharing,
Shelly