Skip to main content

A Penny Adventure

Here sits Penny. She is part of the family and usually gets pulled around Kansas City with another favorite little green blanket. Well, yesterday was a big day for Penny. She took Caleb to preschool, went to the bank, then Target and then Wal-mart. After a busy day, she decided to rest a bit in the car while we did the school run and picked up Joshua and Caleb. So that is why we were all amazed at her energy level on her way home from preschool. Jonathan had her resting her head on his window to get some fresh air (the window was down today for some strange reason) and in a calm and subtle voice, Jonathan yelled out, "oh, no Penny out window!" As soon as he said it, I looked out my rear view mirror and sure enough I saw a flash of white and brown fly high in the sky behind me and then watched as the car behind me ran over it. I pulled over on what it one of the busiest streets near my house (Barry Road) and managed to start driving the way I was originally driving when the poor dog decided to jump from the 45 MPH car. There he was on the side of the curb rolled up yelling "Jonathan, I'm here, help!" Hearing his poor plea for help, I pulled the car in a turning lane a few blocks away from the median where he layed. I started to run to save him. Moments later, he was laying on Jonathan's lap again wondering if he should sit out the next few car trips....and the crazy thing is, he didn't have a tire mark on him. We all laughed about it at dinner as Jonathan told the story while holding Penny with all his might! We'll see how many lives this favorite furry friend still has in him going forward...

Comments

A said…
that is AWESOME!!!! It's amazing what we will do for our babies! We had the St. Joe Police searching the Civic Center for Josie's yellow bunny when she was 2 - then I turned around and drove all the way back up there to get it from the station. It was SO WORTH it though!!! I'm so glad Penny is okay - they really are part of the family aren't they!
I am glad that Penny made it through that whole ordeal. Thank goodness he said something or you would have been searching all over the house like Caleb's dog!!!