Skip to main content

The reason for my absence...

So since John had a pretty lousy week last week, it had to be my turn this week. I went to a dermatologist on Monday moring for a consultation to look at a small cyst on my eye lid. He was pretty concerned about how quickly it grew and disappeared so he wanted to "freeze" it. That really means to spray some extremely cold stuff on it, which really feels like it is burning your skin away (I don't recommend this to anyone!) So about 10 minutes later I left with a pretty swollen eye, a migraine headache and a little assurance that this should resolve the problem and eliminate the cyst that might later need to be tested for cancer if it returns. Well the swelling continued to grow throughout the day and that night my entire eye lid was so swollen it hung down into my actual eye (it is true that your eye lid is a very sensitive area!). The migraine caused me to be sick all night so I got little sleep on top of the pain of the eye and my head. Well as I found out from the nurse the next morning, the swelling will worsen as I lay flat....so you guessed it, the next morning, my eye was swollen shut. Here is a picture of my eye yesterday while it is open... Thankfully, the swelling has gotten better today and I was able to go out in public. The actual cyst is getting a little worse so I might be going back sooner than the one month check up who knows. The kids sure thought I looked crazy because as the swollen part got better it lifted up off my eye and I looked a little deformed. The swelling also moved down into my cheek area today, but it also getting better. Man, what a crazy couple days! Now that I can see again and according to Joshua "don't look funny anymore" I am making huge strides in my laundry room. I have begun painting and it should be all done tomorrow night, right in time for our family from CO. I should be back to posting each day again now that my peripheral vision is back too!

Comments

Jennie Caudle said…
Bless your heart! Praying that it gets better soon!