Skip to main content

Our homemade closet...

So we officially have a closet now in our laundry room to hide our furnace, water heater, and the rest of the unfinished part of our downstairs! I have to joint compound, prime, and paint the room and I will be done :) I am proud to say I did the majority of this project, but John helped some (thanks to HGTV and Extreme Home Makeover I think). The camera lens is to close to get the whole closet at once, so here are parts of it...keep in mind again, that I just finished hanging drywall so it is not finished yet...

The ugly furnace pipe I had to hide going into the garage
The way I hid it next to my new wall
An outside corner on my new wall
(the 1st one I have ever built)
The 2 bi-fold doors stretch 72" across the front
The washer & dryer are now "around" the corner of the new closet
(so no one can see my clean clothes hanging around!)
Trim I made for the new wall
(trim will be painted white with a light beige color for the walls)
The hardest part was lining up the drywall with the finished ceiling my dad hung a couple years ago, but I did it! The half bath is still on the other side of the room and will look great with new paint and white trim. I am also going to add a window treatment and decorate the wall across from the new closet with some shadow boxes...newly decorated room to come soon...

Comments

Anonymous said…
oh my goodness seriously! i can't believe you hung dry wall by yourself!!! did you tape and mud by yourself too??? i don't even know what joint compound means!!!! man, you are just amazing...doing all that with 4 kids. you win the "mom of the year" award!!!!!!!!!! enjoy your MUCH needed vacation this weekend!
Hanson Crew said…
how funny Allison! The mud and tape is the joint compound part...I am going to work on that next weekend so I can finally paint :) It wasn't all that bad and kinda fun...picture me barefoot in capris and a tanktop with my big saw out in the driveway while the kids were riding their bikes...pretty funny stuff. Oh, and I did go to Lowes like 6 times during the project :)
Anonymous said…
oh my....was it a power saw?? okay, thanks for the vocab lesson. :-) seriously deanna, i am SO SO SO proud of YOU!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous said…
It looks really good...You did a heck of a job...I can't believe it,,, it looks great... good job...Phil