Skip to main content

Our Newest Endeavour

Our family has always said that each child can be involved in one activity at a time. We decided this so our kids wouldn't get overwhelmed with too many things at once and so our lives wouldn't be filled with driving from one thing to another all the time. So Ashlyn has chosen to be in a bible memorization club called Awana the past 4 years (the boys haven't started an activity yet). During the summer when that activity was not meeting, she has tried swimming one year and tee ball one year. It has been great so far and she is enjoying to try different things. When Awana changed the meeting time this year and we were unable to continue, we started talking about other options. She was pretty interested in trying Soccer, but we missed the sign up date. Then I started thinking about something she could do with crafts and I thought of 4H. We went to the information meeting last night (and even though that was really difficult with all four kids while John worked late), I think she is excited to give it a try. We are thinking of doing a craft, cake decorating, and/or a photography project. She is most excited about entering it in a contest to receive a ribbon - she is obviously as competitive as her mother! We thought it would be great for the two of us to do something together so I am going to volunteer as well. The best news is there are only 2 meetings a month (in Kearney 2 minutes from our house) and it is pretty inexpensive. I am not sure if we will continue to do it next year yet, but we are excited to give it a try :) We'll keep you posted on how it goes...

Comments

Al said…
I did 4-H in 3rd to 5th grade! It was so fun! I was actually showing Ava the ribbons I won from the county and state fair! You'll love it!

I then spent all of college explaining to people that city kids did 4-H too...and that my club did not involve any bovine or swine...