Skip to main content

A slow recovery

So the week I got my wisdom teeth out (August 5th I think), Ashlyn got a virus of some kind. She was on the couch for a couple days with a low grade fever and cough. It continued for about a week and ended with a bad cough. Because school was starting we asked for the antibiotic and was told she had a sinus infection. Then I got it - no fever, but horrible chills, really sore throat, and head pressure. Then the bad cough. About a week later, John joined me. And then about a week ago, all 3 boys (plus a bad running nose). We sound like a hacking choir when we are all together and can't seem to shake this horrible cough. Now John and I feel like we might be getting it again all over again (even though we never did ever finish our cough). Not sure we want to go to the dr. and get the antibiotic (spending $60 for the visit and meds), since Ashlyn still has the cough after her 10 day dose...

So, 2 bottles of NyQuil, 2 bottles of Robitussin, 2 bottles of Deslym cough syrup, 1 bottle of Motrin, 2 bags of cough drops, 3 boxes of Kleenex, and 1 bottle of Triaminic later, when will this thing end?? It isn't even officially fall yet. We are hoping not to pass it on to the in-laws who have graciously agreed to take in our 4 kids all 4 days we are out of town...

Oh, but even with everyone sick here - we managed to make great headway on our laundry room. The wall is done and drywall and the doors are up. All that's left is drywall around the door frame and taping/caulking/painting. We are very excited with the way it came out. My camera lens is so zoomed in that I cannot get a pic after all. I will try to take one with my new camera phone and post it next week - maybe all the way done! :0)

Comments