Skip to main content

We love our bank!

Yesterday, we all finally got over a stomach flu we had all weekend and made it to our Kearney Customer Appreciation day at our bank...
They had free lunch, pop, cookies, yard sticks, water bottles, sticky notes, coasters, and highlighters. It was sure fun...
Because we live in a small town, our bank people all know us very well and enjoy seeing the kids. It was kinda neat to see some other people from Kearney we normally see at stores and our recycle center there too.
Jonathan enjoyed playing in the grass there and has started making the "cheesy" smile look all the other kids have mastered.
The best news is when we got home there was a message on the machine that Ashlyn won one of the drawings - a brand new dual slip n' slide. This was something the kids had wanted to buy when they saw it at Target earlier and I thought it was a little pricey...boy, were they all excited to find out that was what she won!
So we spent the afternoon/evening running through a new flower sprinkler (a great deal at Target for $3.48), racing down the new slip n' slide, and playing Badminton (also clearanced at Target for $3.48).
John cut the grass too and took the older kids on a walk while I taped the living room to paint today...finally!
Jonathan enjoyed playing in Ashlyn's old playhouse for the first time and LOVED it (after the picture he couldn't stop smiling). He kept going in and out the door, playing peek a boo through the windows, and talking on the phone.

Comments

Anonymous said…
oh i can't wait to get all the weeds/poison ivy out of our backyard so that we can play in it! we have been inside almost all summer so far, uck!!! next summer, we are LIVING outside! what fun times you all have together. i think i need to get out more.
Jamie said…
My kids LOVE the slip-n-slide. They'll play all day on it. We just got the dual one, too and they think that is so fun. But, winning it for free is even better!! We had a regular one at first, but it ripped the first day we used it - bummer! So we got a second one. If this one breaks, I'm not buying a third one!!

I saw all the summer clearance stuff at Target the other day and it was 30% off, I think, but I wanted to wait until it was marked down even more. I'm guessing that's where you got the sprinkler and badminton. I need to go back and see if I can find something super cheap. :) Sounds like you guys are having a fun summer so far.
Anonymous said…
we finally made it to the pool this morning...whoo hoo!!! it was josiahs first experience and he LOVED it as did josie, of course!
Hanson Crew said…
That's exciting Allison! I am so glad he liked it. Jonathan has yet to try a bog pool out, but if I had another arm to hold all 3 boys we would definately go! Don't you just miss your neighborhood pool.
Anonymous said…
oh my, yes we do! i put josie in arm floaties and she does great. i stay close but she does great and i have a blue intertube thingy for josiah. yea, i don't blame you...i don't think i could tackle it with 4 kids...my mom was there with me with my 2! :-)