Skip to main content

Bedtime Hymns

John has always done a traditional bedtime routine with our babies when they are about 9 months to 18 months. We used to have a glider rocker in their nursery (for Ashlyn and Joshua) and he would rock them and sing old hymns to them at bedtime. This was such a great thing we started when our babies were all weaning so they no longer needed me to help fall asleep. So Jonathan continues in our tradition (he is held like Caleb was) starting about a month ago. He loves it and of course can tell the difference when his mommy has to sing to him instead of daddy sometimes when he is not here. He is stuck with children bible songs those days! So anyway, it was cute the other day when I saw him in his car seat getting sleeping and he started to hum. It was clear as day that he was humming a song to fall asleep. Now we can't wait to start hearing him sing Amazing Grace and Come Thou Fount!

Comments

Lori said…
Aww! That's so sweet! It's cool what our kids absorb and end up making their own. :)
Jamie said…
What a sweet little guy! Some of my best memories growing up are singing songs with my family. They weren't hymns, per se, but songs nonetheless. I try to sing with my kids, as well, in hopes we will create these types of memories ourselves. I think that having daddy sing to them (or mommy) is a memory they will always treasure. And if the words speak of Jesus, even better! What a great teaching tool.
Jamie said…
Also wanted to say I really like your new pictures on your side bar! So cute!
Hanson Crew said…
thanks - I am trying to learn photography from my friend and this was a first attempt at actually posing them :)