Skip to main content

School Days Scrapbook

So last night I went to a Scrapbooking class with my friend Cari at Archiver's to learn how to make a School Days Scrapbook. It was so fun and helpful! Because I am so behind with all the baby albums I have started, I agreed to start this one for Ashlyn to do. It seems pretty simple and has a simple pattern to follow for the other pages. We made the first 6 pages in class (K-2) and then got the layout ideas for the other 10 grades. We are going to pick out an album for her and then put these pages in it already made (yes, this is the way I need to do all my albums to get them done I think!) for her to work on. She is excited to have her own and to put the pics, artwork, and fun stuff she would like to include in it. We even talked about maybe doing a monthly scrapbook time in our office/schoolroom alone while the boys go do something else for a couple hours - we'll see if this happens though, I am hoping it does - or bringing this one to hobby night sometimes. The best news is that she will be done very quick since she is going into 2nd grade and it won't become overwhelming from the start. I am so excited about that part! My plan is to finish Ashlyn's baby book while she is working on this one. I think once I have one done, I won't feel as overwhelmed (yes, Lisa I can hear you laughing right now!).

Comments

Anonymous said…
i think i'm the worst when it comes to photo albums. with everything digital it's all on my computer. man, i'm really missing the "good ole days"
Hanson Crew said…
yep, I know what ya mean. We had Ashlyn's and Joshua's pictures all printed and I am working on their albums still. Because Caleb and Jonathan are all digital, I am making them a digital scrapbooks where you make the pages on your computer and get the whole book printed...I love them, Lisa knows all about them if you're interested. The school days one is a great old fashioned one because their class pic and school photos are printed and you can include their artwork and report card and stuff like that that are not digital. I just love starting new projects like this one - easy, quick and won't get too overwhelming.
Anonymous said…
oh wow! great idea....i need to do that!!! thanks!
Jamie said…
Gosh, I am SO behind in my scrapbooking, I don't even know where to start. . . I'm so overwhelmed! I haven't even started on Aaron's yet. Yikes! But this sounds like a great project for both you and Ashlynn. I had started regular scrapbooks for Leevi and Raquel, but now all our pics digital. I have been wanting to try digital scrapbooking for quite a while now, but just haven't given it a go yet. I hear it is so much faster (and cheaper!), and since I'm so behind, I might be able to catch up at some point!