Skip to main content

It really DOES work!

So let me begin by explaining how horrible my pregnancies are - constant throwing up for the first 6 months or so, major dehydration, weight loss, many hospital visits, extreme tiredness, lack of helpfulness, early labor and bed rest for the last 3 months, oh and I get a REALLY, REALLY big tummy so I bleed and have really bad skin problems toward the end (its those 9 pound babies I have). That being said, as a family, we thought it would be best for me to stop being pregnant forever! We went ahead and had the vasectomy last year after Jonathan, with the understanding that God could still get me pregnant if he wanted to under his sovereign hand, or we could adopt to keep our family growing.

I have been called "Fertile Myrtle" by a few friends after conceiving 2 children without any attempts, but still trust in the odds of the vasectomy, even knowing a few people who have conceived after the surgery. So when we got back from Colorado this week I had my first doubts. Extreme tiredness, irritability and worst of all - the need to throw up constantly. This was a little different from before because I never felt like I was going to throw up, I always did. Sadly, my trust in the odds dropped away - I bought the home pg test. Praise God it was negative and the need to hire a nanny full-time for 2008 vanished! And I am feeling better today finally! So I must have had some flu bug that really did scare me a little. I thought I would be joining the 70% of my friends who are expecting in 2008, but it seems like it does work after all! You go girls, I can't wait to see all your cute little ones soon!

Comments

Jamie said…
I bet that is quite a relief! I haven't had an 'accident' child (so far, at least!), but I can imagine the surprise. Especially after having 'the surgery'. Anyway, glad to hear you are feeling better.
Al said…
Too bad we never got to compare tummies. We probably set some world records together.

I am glad it was negative. However, I never got a positive test for Layla...