Skip to main content

Delicate Rocks

Wow, how many of you have about 8 loads of laundry a week like me? I am sure some of you might even have more than that and it is a little overwhelming isn't it? My biggest problem with my laundry has always been the putting away part (well, and the drying and folding too!) at least that is what my laundry room displays most of the time. I have been coming up with new ways to help with my procrastination of this chore by putting a clothes rack above my dryer where I keep the excess hangers so as I take them out I can hang them up right then (in case they don't get brought back upstairs right away). So besides having an abundance of both clean and dirty clothes all the time, I still have another big problem - shrinking clothes! I have come up with a small solution to this problem lately....

So the dryer we have right now has multiple settings and I have always been favorable to the one kind - Permanent Press/Normal Dry. This is the one that goes from high heat to low heat and back again, etc. I'm not sure why I ever starting using this one - probably because it has the word normal in it and that is always a goal of mine anyway. So basically, I throw the clean clothes in, clean the lint thing, add some Snuggle, and turn it on (actually that is usually Caleb's part). Then while I am entertaining the children with meals, school, or whatever we have going on that day, I try to get them out before like the 3rd beep (yes, I am not the best at going right down after the 1st beep!), usually to find some shrinkage and pretty hot clothes....

So what I have found to love and appreciate is the "Delicate" cycle for everything (on the dryer and not the washer). It only takes like half the time to dry and best of all no shrinking. Some good and bad news to this cycle is there is no beeping! So no annoying reminder that I suck at laundry and am listening to my clothes shrivel away...it just stops automatically. So as long as I check on it a little more often than I did before, the clothes are getting done quicker and better. I just love it! Did anyone else already know about this awesome feature? I think I only used it once before on a "Dry Clean Only" item (yes, I am pretty bad with labels or instructions all the time!)

Oh, one more thing - is anyone else feeling a little better about the 2x Concentrated laundry soap? If nothing else, it makes me feel like I am doing less with that smaller bottle each week :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
well i did 6 loads yesterday if it makes you feel better (but that included the kids bedding). let's see i do whites, lights, darks, kids clothes, bedding, towels. i do use the "low" setting on my dryer for everything except towels and bedding which i do on high. it does help a bit with the shrinking issue. i actually do laundry once a week and love it (for some reason)...maybe it's the warm, fresh clothes...or i'm just weird. :-) and yes, i just picked up a bottle of the concentration soap....it through me for a loop at first but hopefully it'll last longer! :-) happy laundrying!!! hehe!
Well I can't exactly say that I have that many loads of laundry because I try to do a load a day to every other day!! But I am sure it is a lot more with 6 people!!! So that's what happened to my maternity clothes! HAHAHAHA. I happen to like the new 2x laundry detergent I use less and it keeps my clothes clean.
Jamie said…
Oh, laundry is my nemesis. I have about 4-5 loads a week. The boys have one load together and Raquel has one load (I don't sort, just wash in cold) and Frank and I have 2-3 loads. The hardest part for me is finding the time to fold (ideally when Aaron is napping so he doesn't make a mess of my folded clothes) and then it takes me a while to get them put away, too. I am working on it and getting better. As for the dryer, I just use the regular cycle and haven't really had a problem. Glad to hear you got it all figured out! No more shrinking clothes!!