Skip to main content

Bum Scooting

So Jonathan is determined to be the child who is so different from all the others. He is always doing things I can't believe. His new thing these days is something I call bum scooting. He is really trying to move around, but is just too lazy and uncoordinated. He can army crawl, pull-up and walk around furniture by himself now. He really enjoys holding onto my fingers and walking around, but doesn't have the guts to let go quite yet. So when he is not hooked to my hip or holding onto my fingers walking, he is usually sitting on the floor playing. Instead of crawling to get that toy out of his reach, he scoots over to it using his heels and legs still in the sitting position. It is the funniest thing to watch and has to be so uncomfortable. He is actually getting pretty quick at it. I think when he does start walking he will probably become a little more coordinated, at least I am hoping and this interesting scoot will stop. It definitely will go into the baby book for now!

Comments

Jamie said…
Leevi was a bum scooter, too! It is the funniest thing to see. He was really fast and we'd have to be careful at church - if I set him on the floor to play, he would be half way up the aisle before I realized it! And of course, everyone was laughing at how silly he was. Precious memories.
Hanson Crew said…
Oh, that's funny. Our families sure have a lot in common!