Skip to main content

Our second day at our "dental office"

Wow, it's hard to believe it is only Tuesday! I am really enjoying it here. The food is slowly growing on me. I have eaten yuca and plantines a few times, which is common here. Yesterday our group leader explained to us that the DR flag is red, white, and blue so their national food is based on that color. Every meal usually includes white rice, red beans, and well, since there is no blue food, chicken! He is right. We had red beans, white rice and more plantines and bananas for lunch today at the school. Our system of moving kids through our "office" has really improved since yesterday too. The kids love Americans and it is so neat to see their expressions when they see us. We enjoyed another night of fellowship, worship and small group bible lesson night from Caleb. The Lord is working in each of our lives in different ways. It is neat to hear everyone share the reason they are here in the evenings.

It sounds like things are going well at home while I am gone. I am curious what Jonathan looked like with gum everywhere at church on Sunday and how bad the sledding accident with Caleb really is....maybe I can ask John to post something tonight from his view/angle at home. I miss you all and will post more tomorrow.

Comments

Catherine said…
enjoying your posts Deanna! You are doing great work & I'm so glad you were able to experience this! Catherine
Eric said…
I have to agree with Catherine. Your blogging skills are definitely growing! Looks like they are keeping you all busy. I hope many kids through God using you all as willing vessels will come (to borrow Piper's phrase) to see and savor Jesus Christ!