Skip to main content

Our first morning back in reality...

Things to remember about Feb trips in the future...

Winter in Hawaii: 85 degrees, high tides, whale season, bigger waterfalls, clothing optional over swimwear!

Winter in Kansas City: 20 degrees, icy driveways and streets, snow everywhere, many layers needed!

I froze today (even shoveled my walkway and driveway) and had some jet lag (or maybe lack of sleep from the travel day). But we woke up on time, got everyone to all the right places, and really enjoyed my children today! We even found extra time for some haircuts for the boys and a Walmart trip. Tonight we are unpacking and 'picking up' while we try to stay awake. I have so many pictures to go through and to share. Jonathan has been so sweet all day and will say the sweetest things out of no where. He hugs me so tight and tells me he missed me and loves me. He has done this about 10 times today and all the times have been so sincere. It is so adorable. The other kids haven't show that affection, but have said once or twice they are glad we are back. So besides the amazing memories and experience I had with my loving husband the past week and a half, it is also so nice to know the kids missed us too. My sister and I are taking the kids to Mall of America over Spring Break and we have started talking about that today with them. They are really excited already. I think my brain is still in sand mode and can't process all the other important things I have to do before Spring Break, so I enjoyed talking about that trip with them all evening to. Time is going by so fast this year already. Where did Feb go? I better get back to unpacking, hope you're all a little warmer where you are...

Comments