Skip to main content

Spelling test wisdom

Today when Joshua and I were practicing for his weekly spelling test he cracked me up. Every Friday his Kindergarten class has a test over 10 words they work on all week and some phonograms they have memorized for reading help. Joshua HATES handwriting...he would prefer to take every test he is given for the rest of his life orally and never write anything he learns down. So today, the word was "mother". I said "mother" and then gave an example of the word in a sentence. I usually repeat the word again after that while he writes it down as it is spelled. Today he just sat there staring at his paper and didn't write anything by the time I repeated the word. After a few seconds I asked him why he hadn't wrote anything and he told me he was wondering if it would get it wrong if he wrote "mom" instead of "mother." I laughed of course and had to share the idea....we don't think it will be much longer before he writes "Josh" on all his papers instead of "Joshua" too.

Comments

Dawn said…
They are just too smart! I love moments like that!