Skip to main content

Splash of Color

Ever since we moved into this house I have been wondering what to do with my bedroom ceiling. It is a really big room and has a huge vaulted ceiling. The bad this is that there is crown molding in the flat middle part of the ceiling, but not around the room where the ceiling begins (and slants to the middle). We hope to one day add crown molding there, but not anytime soon. The entire white ceiling has the bubbles on it or crackles or whatever you call that 70s stuff they spray everywhere. Anyway, I thought originally that I would paint the inside of the molding part (the flat part) a color. I just didn't know what color. The room would basically be blue, have a white slanted stripe, and then some colored square on the ceiling. After much thought and countless nights staring at all the white, I came up with a new idea. I decided to paint the slanted part the brown color of master bathroom color and leave the flat ceiling portion inside the molding white....I am excited about the way it came out. I still need to touch up the edges because when I pulled the tape some of the paint went with it....let me know what you think:

Before:
After:
Before:
After:
Before:
After:
I feel like the room is a little more bold now and not so white. And I am glad that it really doesn't make the room look a lot smaller either. It does make it a little darker, which I really like. Another bonus is that you can't tell the brown stripe has those annoying bubbles as much...and it matches our textured bathroom that is in our bedroom too :)

Comments