Skip to main content

To cancel or not to cancel...

This is what we woke up to...about 2 inches of snow and a -10 degree wind chill. I checked the fox 4 website at 5:30 and just about every school district in the KC area was closed. I checked Caleb's preschool - Closed. I checked Faith Christian Academy - closed. So I went back to bed with a smile on my face. At 7:30, the phone rang and I heard John talking to another FCA parent. When he hung up he said that the school is delayed to start at 10:00. What, that's not what it said at 5:30. I logged back onto the computer and the Fox 4 website said a 90 minute delay now, which made the start time 9:30. I checked my email and it said 10:00...a little confusing I thought. The email said that if you choose not to drive in the bad weather, it would be an excused absence. We decided to ask Ashlyn when she woke up what she wanted to do and she said stay home. So we made the decision. I emailed the school and started making cinnamon rolls. I still had an uneasy feeling about her skipping a couple tests and not going, so I prayed for awhile. I started to blog this post, and my husband called. He said that the heater at the elementary campus just broke and they decided to cancel after all! I couldn't believe it. The parents who drove into school at 10:00 we being told at the door that it was canceled now. I was so thankful that I didn't take all the kids in the cold to take her after all. So it looks like we will be going back to our movies and baking...it's official, we have a SNOW DAY!!! Yeah! We're not too sure about sledding in negative degree temperatures, but are still thinking about it....

Comments

A said…
we're excited too for our snow day!!! too bad we did all our baking yesterday!!!!