Skip to main content

The fun, silly hats!

So we made it home today from Omaha - John was there for business and I tried out a mini-vacation as a single mom! All in all, it went very good! We got about 100 pics to share so I will probably make a small slide show this week sometime. I had to share 2 pictures tonight though that really captured the entire 4 day trip. The kids and I had a lot of fun together and on a really good budget. Some highlights included tons of hotel swimming, an early morning walk together at a near by river walk, the Omaha zoo, visits with a few family members and friends, an awesome spaghetti restaurant and a horse drawn carriage ride around downtown Omaha. Oh, and we WALKED ACROSS the MO river in between some cable TV shows we don't normally get to watch! It was very memorable. We were able to get some pretty cool balloon hats at the restaurant on Sat and then wore them on our carriage ride. The kids thought they were in a parade! People were waving and yelling out "cool hats" to them like crazy. It made the ride a lot of fun! So here were are outside the restaurant and then on the carriage ride. More pics to come soon...
Joshua and Ashlyn got twisty hats, Caleb an eye ball hat, and Jonathan an elmo hat!


I think this was one of those moments they might not forget when they are older!

Comments

A said…
that's awesome Deanna! I'm so proud of you doing all of that by yourself!!! I would be exhausted, well I don't know that I actually could have done all of that. I want to thank you for doing that and showing ME that there is no excuse for laziness when the hubby is busy! What a great testimony to me, seriously! I bet you never knew that having all this fun with your children could be a testimony to me to GET OUT and do more things with just me and my kids when Greg is working. It is something I've felt a bit convicted about lately, so THANK YOU! ;)
Love you and glad you are back safely!
Anonymous said…
lol. Those are great!