Skip to main content

Eight Letters

So today was a hard school day for Joshua. We are prepping him a little for his Kindergarten assessment next week at FCA. So our experience in left-handed handwriting has not gotten off to a great start. There was a lot of crying, whining, and alot of really BIG letters. We are hoping he can write his full name by next week with the correct spelling and size (big J and H, lower case everything else). He has been writing all year at pre-school and seemed to be doing great, until we actually started sitting down and working on it together. I'm not sure if my standards are higher than his teacher or not, but I am clearly not a lefty!! So my conclusion after working with my first boy and one who I believe is pretty bright academically, Poor Jonathan! We really should have named him COLE or JOHN or BOB!!! Maybe we should go back blogging about nicknames for that child! Joshua is already considering JOSH now that handwriting took us an hour today!!!

Comments

A said…
HA! Great post!!! Maybe just Jo??? :)
Anonymous said…
When I was about 7, I stuck my right hand thru an old fashion washing machine ringer and tore up my whole hand, I had to do everything left handed..It took a while, but I learned to do it all left handed...To this day I can use my left hand as much as my right...Tie his right hand to his body til he learns to use his left...It might take a while, but he will learn...Phil