Skip to main content

Thirty things!

So because I am officially 30 today, I thought I would share 30 things about myself that you might not know...well, at least some of them...

1. I have a horrible gag reflex
2. I made the All-State Softball team a few times in high school
3. I got married when I was 20
4. I LOVE to rearrange furniture
5. I can flip you off with my toes (with my right foot)
6. My food can NEVER touch on my plate (yes, I am really 30!)
7. I was offered a full ride academic/softball scholarship to a $30,000/year college
8. I am really afraid of flying (ask anyone on the same plane as me!)
9. My favorite soft drink is Dr. Pepper
10. I graduated Cum Laude from college (even though I was married the last 2 years)
11. I have been parasailing (even though of my fear in #8)
12. I am a computer nerd (at least that is what I have a BS in)
13. I am a horrible backseat driver
14. I am obsessed with reruns of Dawson's Creek (reminds me of high school I think)
15. I can no longer jump on a trampoline (the result of 4 births - no bladder control anymore)
16. I am always behind with laundry (can anyone relate here?)
17. I hope to write a book someday before 40
18. I was a member of the Jim Brickman's fan club for many years
19. I have NO green thumb (my daughter is learning this more with everything she tries to grow here)
20. I am a horrible worrier (but I'm getting much better with this sin)
21. I was called a black widow in high school when it came to dating (all about the long chase, followed by a quick breakup)
22. Jack Bauer is my hero
23. I am a horrible reader - I can't ever remember anything I read and am married to a book lover!
24. I am really enjoying photography right now (especially of my children)
25. I am a hopeless romantic
26. Thrift is my middle name (I love a great deal, clearance sections, and live at thrift stores)
27. My husband and children are the loves of my life
28. I actually jumped hurdles in high school track & field (yes, I sprained my ankle doing so)
29. I am looking more like my mother everyday (and a little more like my dad too)
30. My 3 favorite movies right now are "My Big Fat Greek Wedding," "The Notebook" and "Enchanted"

Here is to 30 wonderful years!!!

Comments

Unknown said…
Great list! I love Dawson's Creek too! hehe
Lori said…
Happy Birthday! I love the list, and I learned lots of new things! :)
Happy Birthday!! So I guess you are my sister because we do have a few things in common on that list!!!
Anonymous said…
happy birthday friend, i love you! i ran hurdles in high school too...loved it!
Jamie said…
Happy Birthday! We have about a third of your list in common: gag reflex, 20 y.o., re-arranging, backseat driver, trampoline, laundry, non-reader, worrier, photography, love fam, looking (and acting)like mom. Glad to get to know you a little better. Hope you had a great day!
Hoban Family said…
Happy 30th DeAnna! You forgot you were a major Goofy fan when I met you. Do you still like the goof? HA! Miss you.
Hanson Crew said…
oh, yeah, I still like him and the kids and I watch a few of his movies occasionally. I did sell a bunch of stuff at a garage sale about 5 years ago, but still have my favorites!
Anonymous said…
LOL. i like 5,6, and 21.
Anonymous said…
YOU'RE FUN! YOUR AMAZING TALENT WITH YOUR RIGHT FOOT CRACKS ME UP!!! YOU'LL HAVE TO SHOW ME THAT!

`HEATHER