Skip to main content

Jonathan's New Nursery

We finished J's new room this weekend and I am so excited with the accent wall color. I found some time to make a new valance, dust ruffle and 2 pillows to bring it all together (yes, $1 fabric from Walmart of course - it only took 1.5 yards for all 4). My mom got him a new area rug for in front of his crib that we will get later this week at his party that will bring that new color out more.

I found a little white shelf at the thrift store for $5 to hang above his dresser and put extra material in an old frame I painted white. This will be where the naked little bottom picture will go next to the window. I also painted an old lamp I had with a blue shade in the old guestroom.

We kept a little red on this wall, including some fun frames with his feet pic and hand pic we had from when he was first born. I also left some Elmo's on this wall since he loves watching them sing right now. Oh, and all the tools are over there. The train stuff is all under the crib and we are so excited to have so much floor room to build our town again. My living room is back to a non-play area, at least for now!

My favorite accent on the wall is the Pottery Barn idea I took with the two big frames above the crib. I will put the two hat pics here in black and white. The original pic in the magazine showed 2 more frames above these 2, but since I was on a tight budget, I put his monogram above the frames. I think it came out really good and it seems Pottery Barn puts those on alot of their clothes, blankets, etc. His name was too long to put here too in the wooden letters so I went that route - what can I say, I am a little cheap!

I also bought a few of these decals from Hobby Lobby this week (one for my entry way and one for my living room too) that are a great way to decorate a wall with words, verses, etc. I had been wanting to buy one since I attended an Upper Case Living party, and my friend Lisa told me they started selling them at Hobby Lobby now. These were 50% off last week (making them $10 - $15) when I got them. I'll take pics of the other 2 when I get them hung - they are a little bigger than this one and in italics - I am so excited about those too!
I covered an old Noah's Ark rocker the other kids all had to match his room. He is finally starting to crawl up in it and sitting. I am excited to have kept this one for a little longer.

We also showcased his baby announcement on the shelf I got with a couple misc baby items he got. Even though he is turning 1 this week, I am so excited to have a nursery again! He will probably be our spoiled baby forever!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great tip about the decals from Hobby Lobby. The nursery looks really nice!
Anonymous said…
love it!!! let me know when the decals are on sale again!!!
Jamie said…
Great job! I am so going to have to check out our Hobby Lobby! Thanks for the tip.
Lori said…
Bravo, girl! Looks great!
Jennie Caudle said…
Love the new nursery. Hope you are doing well. Talk to you soon.

God Bless
Jennie
Unknown said…
The nursery looks great! Good job!