Skip to main content

What did you do with your extra day?

So, because of the Leap Year we all got an extra day in February today...this is a hard thing to explain to someone learning about months/days in school. Joshua is really into the calendar and looking to see what we have planned for that day. I told him today was an extra day in Feb that only happens every 4 years - he kinda looked at me funny and said "I am four too mommy!" Maybe he'll get that one when he is 8.

So our extra day was pretty busy and what I would call a "Love on our car day". We started the day going to speech therapy where Caleb got his picture taken with Miss Catherine to hang in the Clay County Health Dept lobby area (this was kinda exciting since she only picked one person for the speech dept). Then Caleb and J and I went to Grandma Sue's to pick up Joshua who had a sleep over there last night. We then went to the drive-thru car wash (holding Caleb's hand the whole time - he hates that thing) and then vacuumed the whole van (what an adventure to find some stuff in there!) Then we were off to Price Chooper for a great 3-day sale and we grabbed a redbox movie. Headed home for lunch and then left again for the oil change. Naps for everyone in the car while mom caught up on the phone. Took Caleb and Joshua to daddy's work so they could go pick up Ashlyn from school while Jonathan and I went to the Dr. for his 9 month check up (he's weighing almost 22 pounds and is 28 1/2 in tall which is right about 75% for both). She thinks we will be seeing some movement by the next appt. so we'll keep you up to date :) The rest of my evening is set aside to finish up the new L and B Expressions website (for the friend who always takes our pictures). I will just make my Feb deadline tonight so I will be sharing how to check it out tonight - I am very excited about the new fun look.

We hope you had a relaxing, yet fulfilling 29th day of February too :)

Comments