Skip to main content

Facebook Fast

If you're reading this blog today you must have some interest in what our family is up to this week.  Thanks for reading!  Because I enjoy blogging alot more than Facebook and usually end up writing everything twice anyway, I have decided to leave the FB social media circle today.

I am also excited to be less distracted while at home more with Ashlyn during school. We hope to spend more time learning in everyday moments. I felt like facebook had been taking up too much of my free time lately again.  I also noticed how very different my friends are.  About half go to my church, are pretty conservative, and have known me the last 10 years.  The other half are pretty liberal, people I have only stayed in touch with through social media, and people I rarely see or talk to in person. Those friends seemed to have more to say about my political or religious posts I would put out there (which were rare, and funny enough my last post) than my other friends.  The conservative half would comment on family pictures and stories and seem to do more than just look/read/stalk what was going on in my wall.  I was thinking about cleaning up my 400 friend list this week instead of getting off FB completely and realized that somehow that could cause more conflict with the "un-friending"...so I decided to just deactivate altogether.

I will probably get back on when my in-laws migrate to AZ in January.  But, I won't know for sure until then.  I'm excited to see what life is like without it.  My free time on the computer will be split between Pinterest and blogging. So beware, there may be more posts on here again :)

Comments

I had a feeling this was coming. I'm sorry about that and I look forward to reading your blog posts. I rarely comment but I am always reading!
Hanson Crew said…
Thanks Anna. If I get back on, I will probably still cut my friend list down about 100 - mainly from East. Not sure why all those people even asked to be my friend since they never comment on anything I post or just complain about what I post. And most of what they post or say I have to block anyway. I was hoping they would just unfriend me, but it hasn't happened. Thanks for reading :)
Anne Elizabeth said…
Hi Deanna. I've enjoyed reading your blog lately. I cut my FB friend list WAY down awhile back I will probably do another cut soon too. I hope Josh and Ashlyn feel better soon. I'll miss seeing you on FB, but I understand why you deactivated it. It does take up a lot of time.
Hanson Crew said…
Hey Anne. I'm glad you're a reader now :) I think I will get back on later and cut down the list like you did. We will sure miss you guys at FCA this year, but will have to stay in touch and still get together.
Anne Elizabeth said…
We definitely will have to stay in touch and get together. :)