Skip to main content

Homemade Fabric Canvas

So I am totally addicted to Pinterest now. What a great place to find some amazing craft and decorating ideas! I decided the other day to try making a fabric canvas for the Maids office I am redecorating that would match the new curtains I made for in there. It was so easy that I decided to make two! Here are the steps I used to make one.

1. First buy enough material to cover the canvas size you are making. I made a 20x20 canvas so I went to Lowe's and had them cut my lumber to the size I needed. To make one canvas, I had to have them cut two pieces of wood that are 18 inches long and 2 pieces that are 20". I also bought a package of wood screws while I was there. I think I got about 27" of material for each canvas too. Here are my supplies...

2. Then I built the canvas frame. I put the two 18" pieces in between the 2 20" pieces and used one screw on each corner to keep them together....

3. Then I layed the material face down on the floor and put the frame on top of it.

4. Then using a staple gun, attach the material around the wood.  Be sure to pull it tight as you go along with the gun.  If you are using a pattern material, be sure it is straight as well.

5. And at the end, you have a wrapped fabric canvas!  I am going to have my two 20x20 canvas's next to each other above the office desk.

Comments