Skip to main content

Great Craigslist Find...

I was able to do a few website projects since Thanksgiving and have been putting aside that money for something our family could use that would not normally be in our budget. I realized around Christmas when we got an awesome TV from my dad that a new sofa for downstairs would be perfect. We had bought the set that was down there from my friend Jennie back when we were pregnant in 2003. It lasted a long time, but was at the end of it's life. After playing Wii or watching a family movie night, someone was sitting on the floor or complaining about the spring in their back. So the Craigslist for a new set began at the beginning of December...

You would think that finding a new living room set for under $400 about 20 miles from your home would be an easy task, but let me tell you it is not. I spent hours refreshing my list, calling and emailing for the "perfect" deal, noticing most of them were an hour away or from a smoke filled house. Until I found this gem....


It is a microfiber sectional couch (sofa with chaise) and a matching chair bought in May from Nebraska Furniture Mart. It looks brand new! We have to move the chair over in front of our storage door when all 6 of us watch a movie, but we all fit comfortably now :) It makes the downstairs look a lot nicer too.

I did some re-arranging upstairs too in both the living room and the family room when trying to move this set around. Pics of those rooms soon along with a couple new additions up there...

Comments