Skip to main content

Additions to the kitchen

I am excited to share about a couple changes we made to our kitchen this month. Yesterday, I finally got around to hanging some Christmas lights above the cabinets. We don't have a lot of light in there and because our cabinets have drywall above them instead of an area to display fun decor, I decided to decorate them with lights right above molding that is there. I still hope to apply some black stenciling on the walls across there too one day to finish it off. Here is an attempt at showing you what the lights look like on using my camera phone. The image is not that great...
A second project I completed was moving our desktop computer into our kitchen. I had to make a hole in the desk and buy a gadget to help hide the cords so the computer case could go under the desk, and reorganize some of my kitchen stuff for the project. We had been wanting to move it into the kitchen ever since we bought the flat screen for it. The kids will use this computer for school, webkinz, and sometimes Netflix movies. After I moved it into the kitchen, I wiped everything off the hard drive and reformatted the computer so it is like new again. That has been just as nice as it's new location. Here it is...
The exciting news about moving the desktop into the kitchen was all the room that we gained in our family room by getting rid of our computer desk. I am on the hunt for another oversized chair or parson's chair for that sitting area now. But here is the new corner where the desk used to be - replaced by our sofa table and some fun decor...

Comments

Nate said…
Looks GREAT!!!
Love,
Lisa