Skip to main content

My little navigator

Ashlyn and I went to a neighborhood close by today to get some free stuff off Craigslist and she was excited to hold the directions. I can't wait for her to ride in the front with me :) So I let her take complete control of telling me where to go (even though I had a basic idea for the first few steps). We were about 4 directions down when we started talking about the abbreviations. She asked what "TRFWY" stood for. I explained Trafficway and knew that she was very interested in why some street names were streets instead of avenues, etc. I was waiting for a long discussion to start on how streets are made up and who decides when to make roads long or dead ends, or something else I wouldn't know the answer to. Then she told me to turn on New Mark Doctor. I stood there silent for a minute and realized that she meant New Mark drive. We both laughed out loud. Then we had a 5 minute discussion on why some words have the same abbreviations and how the English language really doesn't make all that much sense....ya gotta love, private schools that prepare them to explain themselves in any circumstance. Oh, and those mother-daughter moments you just won't forget!

Comments