Skip to main content

A family room switcharoo

This weekend was a VERY productive weekend for the Hanson household...except, we didn't start potty training like we had originally planned. My sister and niece are coming for a week and this is the first time they will see our new house. So I wanted to make it a little more cozy.

First we cleaned out the toys in the playroom. I should say purged most of the toys in that room...it is nice to have the toy box be half full now so we can actually find the toy they are looking for. Then we re-arranged the downstairs living room. We will most likely be down there most of their visit because my sister and I grew up playing Super Mario Bros and now we are addicted to the Wii version of that game. She is excited to give it a try while she is here (and go to Mall of America for a couple days!) We hope to conquer all 10 worlds while she is here (we're on Spring Break so we won't have homework days or school!!) We were able to find a permanent spot for the treadmill, move the love seat, organize the pictures better, and fix the lighting....I really like how it came out!

Then we moved to the garage and put all the winter stuff away and moved the outside toys back in their right and ready position! That was a fun activity the kids did most of. We also put together the trampoline we have been storing in there through the winter..they want to be on that every waking hour, even the rain today. We can't wait for Spring, can you tell?

Lastly, I played around on Craigslist for a coffee table and found an amazing deal! There was a sofa table, coffee table, and matching end table on there from Nebraska Furniture Mart for $50. I emailed her and was the first of four responses she got in 1 hour. I was so excited and went to pick them up right away...I really think they look amazing for $50. I then re-arranged the family room to accommodate the 3 new tables. I rotate the couch to face the kitchen wall now instead of the fireplace, which I think will be good in the Spring and Summer. I will probably move it back to the fireplace in the fall when we start using the fireplace again...here are a few pictures of the Family Room with the new tables....now I need to go to some garage sales for some table accessories/vases/etc....
A new wall stencil I put in the entryway to the kitchen
(my bible study ended today on Philippians)

The bookshelves did not get moved this time and are now behind the couch

The new sofa table between the bookshelves and the couch

The new coffee table - I am going to buy 3 baskets for the bottom shelf
(for now, Jonathan loves laying there...)

I rotated the computer desk on the perpendicular wall
(the wall of the kitchen where it once was will hold a cool Hawaii picture collage soon)

The end table is next to the comfy reading chair and fireplace
(it holds books and a new $2 lamp from Walmart)

Comments

A said…
Looks great! I'll need to come see it in person!!!