Skip to main content

I am a reader!

So I went beyond Goodnight Moon, Charlotte's Web, and 10 Little Monkeys and read an adult book this week! This is John's favorite hobby and something I did all through school. Naturally all those years of "required" reading put a little rebellion in my mind that I couldn't do it for fun. My friend Heather told me that she has read some Karen Kingsbury books and that they were pretty addicting. The goal for me was to start enjoying reading so then I could try some deeper, theological books that John has always try to tempt me with. And I did it...in two days! I read about 450 pages, both nights from 9-midnight, and couldn't put the book down. It was a large print book from the Library which I think helped my mind feel like I was getting further as I read...worked for my psychotic mind, so maybe about 250 pages in normal print. I'm getting those going forward! Divine was a modern day Mary Magdalene fiction book and so addicting. John has already proudly told multiple people today I have read a whole book (I have too!) He has picked out my next adventure Death by Love by Mark Driscoll & Gerry Breshears. I am really looking forward to that one. I'm going to pace myself on this one and will keep you all posted....

Comments