Skip to main content

Florida Highlights

So I really did come home on Tuesday, it has just taken a little longer to get back to normalcy here. So I finally got a little time to write a few thoughts about our trip. I promise to get a slide show made sometime this weekend to share with you, it was very memorable!
  • The weather was really good even though they had a cold front come in while we were there. It was in the 80s our first two days there, but then got down to the low 70s for the rest of the trip. It snowed here while we were gone - about 4 inches :)
  • Excellent conversation with Godly women...We talked, we cried, we prayed! What more could you ask for in sunny Florida!
  • Beach and sand! The first beach day was amazing, hot sand, soft waves and a lot of sun tan lotion. The other time, windy, cold, and too wavy to swim.
  • Shopping! Outlet malls, fancy outside shopping, and a great discounted girly store called "Best of Everything". We went there a couple times - picture the Mama Mia soundtrack blaring, 30 some tables of jewelry, watches, purses, scarfs, and anything else you need to accessorize. Oh, and about 100 cackling women ranging from the ages of 6 to 90!
  • We attended Sara's mom church and heard a speaker who spoke about the end times...it was very interesting and a nice segway into this awesome ice cream store Naples is famous for.
  • A Florida bonus - Sara's parents are huge 24 fans! They taped it for us while we ate at a fancy restaurant so Lisa and I were able to watch 24 the night it was on. It was just as good as it is always, but a little better for me on a big flat screen TV and with my best friend.
  • Hot tub and swimming pool. We all enjoyed the hot tub and layed out, even though most of us got goosebumps. It was the conversation again that stood out to me on the trip.
  • Alligators! We drove down alligator alley from the airport and we were able to see multiple alligators while we were there. It was fun to send pics to the kids at that time :)
  • Food - as I said before, we ate at a really nice place one night and then stopped at some Florida fast food places too. We had Five Guys and Fries which is a landmark in Florida and then tried a small diner they usually go to.
  • And the rest stays in Naples...it was awesome!

I actually got a small tan and of course got to know all the other girls a lot better. John held down the fort really good and even did laundry (that reminds me that I need to go re-organize all the closets since Jonathans clothes are in Joshua's closet!) Our agreement was that I could spend money on this trip and he could get a gun...so the hunt begins for that new toy! I'll post pictures soon (of the trip not the guns) and start blogging about our crew again soon!

Comments

A said…
I'm SO glad you guys had such a great time! We missed you at small group of course but knew you were having a complete blast! LOVE YOU!
Jennie Caudle said…
So glad you had a great time. I thought about you and the weather, b/c it got cold here and even snowed for the first time all winter. And of course now it is back in the upper 60's and 70's. I was hoping that it was kind of warm for you all. I'm sure it was just nice to get a way and have some Mama time! Miss ya lots.