Skip to main content

Friends, tots and baking...

So yesterday my friend Heather came over to teach Lisa and I how to bake various things. We made 5 loafs of homemade bread, an apple and pumpkin pie each, and about 2 dozen oat dinner rolls each. Man was it fun. The pie crusts were a lot easier than I thought it sounded. And the dinner rolls are amazing (and almost gone already!)- I think I am going to make more soon.
We managed to have some great fellowship and spiritual discussion in between dough rising and 7 little toddlers...I think we are going to try it again sometime soon. I feel pretty motivated to start holiday baking now too, even though I am still busy shopping, making photo gifts, website work and other misc holiday stuff. What a blessing good friends are during this busy season!
(Sorry for forgetting to post the movie code yesterday - it was a very busy day, and I will try to do it next Monday!)

Comments

Jamie said…
Sounds like you've got some wonderful friends there. I have tried rolls several times for holidays and they never, ever turn out! I've given up. Pies? I can do pies though! Now I'm getting hungry for yummy Thanksgiving food - can't wait!!
Jennie Caudle said…
Yummy!! Sounds like lots of fun!! I love the holidays!! Take care.