Skip to main content

A Forecast of Snow

So they are saying that we might see our first dusting of snow today or tommorow here in KC. This will sure make my kids excited since all they kept saying yesterday while we were decorating for Christmas was "I can't believe Christmas is almost here and it isn't snowing!" We ended up making a paper chain to count down the days until Christmas because it was a little more difficult than I thought to explain exactly when Christmas morning will be. Plus, it will give them something to do each day as they wait until we put get out our Advent calendar next week. I am a little tempted to buy some of that spray snow for the windows because I always love doing that with my sisters when I was younger and I know they would enjoy it...it might feel a little more like December should feel too!

Very exciting news...I caught Ashlyn reading the Christmas story in her bible yesterday on her own. The rest of us were baking some cookies in the kitchen and there she was sitting on the couch in front of the tree reading. It was one of those precious moments that I hope to see happen more often soon! She was excited to tell me that the story is actually in multiple books and we had a great discussion after. Keep praying for her heart and for the desire to love His Word each day!

Comments

It's been snowing here for 2 days now. I am already tired of it and its just beginning. We probably have 5-6 inches on the ground. Lets pray the weather cooperates when we travel your way!!!