Skip to main content

Overstock Kitchen Makeover

John really enjoys cooking and is a wonderful cook! His dream kitchen would include a huge gas stove and cast iron. So yesterday, we met at Overstock for his lunch and obtained half of his dream...
An awesome cast iron set for only $90. The best news for me (the one who inspires to enjoy new recipes, whole spices and try gourmet marinades like him) is we found red to match the kitchen!
We also picked up an 18-piece stainless steel set, which is something he had been looking for at many stores, including Branson outlets this past weekend. This set was only $50 (retails for $150). We LOVE Overstock!
Bonus: We got rid of about 3/4 of our current scratched, bent and un-used pans, pots, and skillets.
And Jonathan wanted to have his picture taken while I was re-organizing all this fun stuff! Now I have to go take some chicken out for dinner so we can try this stuff out!

Comments

Anonymous said…
awesome! i have a cast iron dutch oven that I LOVE! i may need to check that place out again. hey, is that a pamp. chef steamer i see in that give away box??? if you still have it, i'll take it....I LOVE MINE and i melted the bottom on a hot burner. nice, huh! awesome stuff you got!!!
Hanson Crew said…
how funny- it's yours!
ginny said…
LOL!! I was going to say the same hting as allison!! I love those steamer things!!
Jamie said…
I would love to have a new set of pots and pans, too! I love the red. I don't think we have Overstock here though. Hmm. . . I may have to look around.
Anonymous said…
so greg is excited about your new cast iron purchase...maybe i'll get one soon???? :)