Skip to main content

Lost...again!

So if there is one memory that really stands out in my mind from when John and I were dating it is going shopping for my wedding ring. He totally surprised me with the engagement ring and did great all by himself! But we went together and picked out the wedding bands to go with it. It was a long shopping experience, but fun! We went to Zales and even got a cheesy bear from the jeweler that said "Loved so much" on his little shirt - we still have that bear in our guestroom.

Anyway, it took John about 4 years to loose that wedding ring. He was working out all the time and his fingers just got too thin. We think it ended up somewhere at the gym or locker room - not too sure. He bought a replacement and yes, gained most of that weight back soon after! I was thankful at the time for really good pictures at our wedding of the original, and didn't care too much about the sentimental aspect of that ring being gone forever.

So, tonight he came home with some bad news...that replacement is missing. He is not sure this time where it ran off too, but I gave him a hard time the second time around. We all know that his mind is slowly going now that he is 30 but we're not sure how much longer it will be before it disappears completely too! It typically takes a few days for most of his important things to turn back up like his keys, wallet, his watch (we usually find that around here when it beeps every hour to remind him of something), so I'm not holding my breathe quite yet. If anyone around here sees my husband wandering around looking single again - this is why. He might need to use all that Westminster Book money for another replacement...my original band is looking a little worn and outdated, maybe I should start working out too John!!

Comments

I think it is time for a new ring!!! HAHAHA. My husband has lost 3 rings already!!!!
Jennie Caudle said…
You are so funny! I like your new decorating. The pics look very nice. It's so fun to change things in the house. Well, I quess we are having a hard time catching up with each other. I'm going to try to call you now. Take Care.
God Bless
Jennie